I don’t know about y’all but sometimes the Sunday Scaries hit me hard! Here are a couple of things that I do to try to combat the terror.
- Sunday is my skin care day. I usually do a mask Sunday evenings and tonight I chose a collagen eye mask that I found on Buzzfeed. They are super cheap and are great for an evening treatment or an all-nighter. Here’s hoping for younger looking eyes in the morning!! ($8 for 10)
- Comfy clothes is a must! Literally nothing is scary about a t-shirt dress that is so cozy it makes you want to fall asleep. I have recently been loving these Gap Factory t-shirt dresses (I have 2 of them haha). I love this pink one but it also comes in several other colors! ($20)
- Kitty snuggles literally make everything better. It’s science! According to some studies, it’s been found that a cat’s purring can actually help healing and reduce anxiety. So adopt a cat and cuddle it!! (But seriously, only adopt an animal if you are prepared for the commitment for it’s whole life. They’re only part of your world for a small while but you’re their whole world for their whole lives.)
- Meal prep for the week: I try to take healthy lunches to work during the week to control my mood and my waistline. I think one thing that helps me accomplish this is making a large amount of protein (pork tenderloin or chicken breasts or a sheet bake of some sort) on Sundays to make salads and the like during the week. This week, I’m trying some garlic & herbed rubbed chicken breasts from the butcher and roasting some asparagus to put over brown rice. Yum!
- If all else fails, pour yourself a glass of wine, gurl!! Don’t get too carried away because you do probably have to go to work tomorrow but one glass of wine will ease your nerves and make it easier to cope with the chaos of Monday being tomorrow!!