Today is my 25th birthday. I am officially a quarter of a century old *cue the quarter life crisis* 😂
All kidding aside, I have compiled a list of the things I’ve learned over the last quarter of a century. So, without further ado and in no particular order…here we go!
- The answer is always no, if you don’t ask the question.
- Reach out to people. You will never make or keep any friends if you don’t put yourself “out there”.
- Just because it’s not what you want, doesn’t mean it’s not what you need.
- Listen to your mom, she really does know what she’s talking about.
- Take a breath and think about how your audience will receive what you’re saying.
- Never turn down birthday cake, celebrations of loved ones lives are worth the calories.
- Better to be over dressed than under dressed.
- Move like you love your body.
- If you don’t know for sure it’s right, it’s probably wrong.
- You can only dislike something after you’ve tried it.
- Don’t complain about how someone does something unless you’re willing to contribute to a better solution.
- Caring for another living thing will help you care about yourself.
- The work will always be there. Do what HAS to be done and go home.
- Moving outside you’re comfort zone may not change your life immediately, but it will change for the better.
- When it feels like your life is falling apart it might actually be falling together.
Well there you have it, folks! That is the culmination of the last 25 years for me. What wisdom have you acquired??